GIAO NGUYEN (Ms.)
Giao Nguyen is a senior associate at VN Counsel. She had over 10 years of legal practice experience in corporate advisory, which equips her with multidisciplinary expertise across the firm’s practice groups. Giao is recognized by clients particularly in devising innovative legal solutions for navigating through Vietnam’s most tightly regulated areas.
Giao practices in the firm’s Corporate and M&A, Real Estate, and Banking and Employment. She has worked with clients spanning from some of Asia’s large institutions to major local conglomerates.
- Advised Keppel Land Vietnam on various matters in relating to its projects in Vietnam including Riviera Cove, Estella Phase 1, Riviera Point and Saigon Centre Phase 2;
- Advised Tien Phuoc Group on acquisition of shares in a company in Ho Chi Minh City;
- Advised the Salim Group on the investment into the Hiep Thanh group of Vietnamese companies in 2014. Transaction value approximately US$37 million;
- Advised an international insurance group on the investment into two listed non-life insurance companies in Vietnam;
- Advised OJI Holding Corporation in a number of acquisitions of strategic interests in Vietnam manufacturing companies, including public non-listed companies from 2012 to 2014;
- Advised Ho Chi Minh City Infrastructure Investment Joint Stock Company (State-Owned Enterprise) on the disposal of one its operating subsidiaries (Thu Duc Water BOO Corp) to Manila Water (listed on the Philippines Stock Exchange). Transaction value around US$40 million;
- Advised on the acquisition by Mizuho Asean Investment L.P. of the California Fitness and Yoga chain inVietnam in 2013-2014;
- Advised Fortis Healthcare Group on its disposal of its entire stake in Fortis Hoan My Hospital Group for US$80 million to Chandler Corporation in one of the largest private M&As in Vietnam in 2013;
- Advised Hoang Anh Gia Lai, on 3 project financing transactions involving credit facilities granted by BIDV and issuance of bonds in Vietnam, secured by assets in Lao (PDR);
- Advised UOB HCMC Branch on various project financing transactions involving credit facilities granted by UOB HCMC Branch secured by existing real estate properties and/or assets to be formed in the future in Vietnam;
- Advised Standard Chartered Bank on the grant of a cross-border trade finance facility (term and revolving) granted to a Vietnamese borrower. Commitment value US$14million;
- Advised DBS Bank (Vietnam) on various regulatory and compliance matters in relation to Vietnam operations.
LL.B. (Ho Chi Minh City University of Law, Vietnam)
- Member of Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association
- Member of Vietnam Bar Federation
Vietnamese and English
Copyright © 2018 VN Counsel. All rights reserved.