LUAN HO (Mr.)
Ho Phuong Luan is a counsel of the firm. Luan brings with him over 13 years of business law practice experience in Vietnam.
Luan has extensive expertise advising foreign clients in Inward Investment, Corporate, Real Estate, Construction, and M&A matters. He is also highly capable of advising employment issues and dispute resolution matters.
Prior to joining VN Counsel, Luan was a co-founder and partner of T&L Law Firm. Before that, Luan worked as senior associate for one of Vietnam largest local law firms where he has gained broad experience in legal practice to meet the clients’ needs and expectations.
Some typical clients Luan has advised and assisted include: Gamuda Land, CapitaLand, Yahoo!, Related (USA), FrieslandCampina, Onduline, CosmoSteel, DLA Piper Singapore, University College of Northern Denmark (UCN), Navigos Group, Lasta Media, Colliers International, Interwood, Dofico, and Vinasoy.
- Assisted Gamuda Land in drafting and reviewing necessary transaction documents for Celadon City Residential Project in Ho Chi Minh City and Gamuda Gardens Project in Hanoi;
- Acted as legal counsel for Gamuda Land in preparation and negotiation to transfer a commercial project to AEON and an educational project to KinderWorld;
- Advised CapitaLand to acquire a variety of commercial projects in Ho Chi Minh City;
- Acted as local counsel for a Singaporean investor to acquire majority stake in Ho Chi Minh City International School (ISHCMC);
- Advised Masscorp to acquire a commercial project in Dong Nai Province;
- Advised Onduline in its M&A deal in Vietnam;
- Acted for and advised Lombard Investments in an equity-linked debt investment in a leading fashion group in Vietnam;
- Advised SEAF Blue Waters Growth Fund in an equity-linked debt investment through subscription of the convertible bonds to be issued by Hoa Binh Corporation (HBC);
- Advised Fashion Garment in its M&A deals in Vietnam;
- Advised Crown Packaging Investment Pte Ltd. to acquire shares in Crown Beverage Cans (Dong Nai) Limited;
- Acted as local counsel for and advised Yahoo! Southeast Asia Pte Ltd. and Yahoo! Vietnam for various corporate and commercial matters for the operations in Vietnam;
- Advised and assisted Ireka in obtaining a loan from MayBank to finance its projects in Vietnam.
LL.B. (Ho Chi Minh City University of Law, Vietnam)
- Member of Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association
- Member of Vietnam Bar Federation
- Member of Vietnam Business Lawyers Club
Vietnamese and English