QUANG LUONG (Mr.)
Prior to joining VN Counsel, Quang Luong is a Senior Associate practising in Rajah & Tann LCT Lawyers’ top-tier Dispute Resolution practice. He had over 12 years of legal experience, including over 5 years as a senior dispute resolution practitioner.
Quang has a strong track record of success, having navigated his clients through some of the most complex disputes. Over his career, Quang has been engaged in contentious matters covering admiralty, investment and enterprise development, shipping, construction and infrastructure. He has represented clients in onshore and cross-border disputes adjudicted under all major courts in Vietnam, and under the rules of the Vietnam International Arbitration Centre.
He has worked with leading construction companies in Vietnam, and is familiar with disputes in this field, covering EOT, variation claims and other matters.
Quang is also an arbitrator of the Pacific International Arbitration Centre (PIAC) in Vietnam.
- Acted for a Japanese company in a VIAC arbitration with a claim value of over US$ 1.2 million against a Vietnamese trading company in relation to the sale of chemical fertilizer. Ho Chi Minh City seat.
- Represented a Taiwanese engineering company in separate arbitral proceedings and litigation against four Vietnamese investors in connection with sums of US$ 1.1 million claimed for the development of construction project.
- Represented a Singaporean manufacturing company in court proceedings against a Vietnamese trading company with sum of € 396,000 claimed.
- Acted for a Japanese company in a litigation at a Vietnamese court against a Vietnamese trading company and a US celebrity company regarding US$ 400,000 outstanding fees payable for the purchase of various products.
- Represented an European confectionery manufacturer in arbitral proceedings, adjudicated under VIAC Rules. Dispute pertains to claim by a Taiwanese-invested company for service fees allegedly owed for label printing costs.
- Acted for a Hong Kong technology company in a litigation at a Vietnamese court regarding unlawful dismissal of a former managing director.
- Represented My Quan Trading & Services Company in two separate arbitral proceedings against Vietnamese construction companies in connection with various construction claims, adjudicated under VIAC Rules.
- Represented DWP Vietnam in arbitral proceedings for various construction claims, adjudicated under VIAC Rules.
- Assisted a Malaysian design company in settling a sub-contract dispute against a Vietnamese real estate developer.
- Represented a Spanish company in trade arbitration against two Vietnamese trading companies, adjudicated under VIAC Rules.
- Acted for a Taiwanese steel manufacturing company in a number of disputes with investors in Vietnam.
- Acted for a Japanese company in a litigation at a Vietnamese court regarding an employment termination.
- Acted for a US company in a litigation at a Vietnamese court regarding an employment termination.
- Acted for a Dutch company in arbitral proceedings against a Vietnamese trading company, adjudicated under VIAC Rules.
- Acted for a German Industrial Products Manufacturer in court proceedings against a Vietnamese construction company. Dispute pertains to outstanding fees payable for the purchase of various products.
- Acted for an Indonesian furniture company in a litigation at a Vietnamese court regarding disclosing trade secrets to competing businesses.
LL.M., Ho Chi Minh City University of Law
LL.B., Ho Chi Minh City University of Law
B.S. (Computer Technology), University of Ho Chi Minh City
- Member, Ho Chi Minh City Lawyers’ Association
- Member, Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association
- Arbitrator of Pacific International Arbitration Centre
- Lecturer at Van Lang University, Department of Law
Vietnamese and English